Auriculotherapy or ear acupuncture
Is a therapeutic method using the auricle (flap) of the ear for the diagnosis and treatment of various diseases related to the entire organism. More specifically, it is the stimulation of the ear reflex points which travel through the specific section of the brain, the diencephalon, to the respective areas of the body. The body obeys strictly the commandments because they come directly from the brain, so auriculotherapy exploits its own body’s control center, the brain. Auriculotherapy is based both on the principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine and modern neurophysiological principles.
The father of auriculotherapy used this method systematically in France during the 1950’s. He noticed that his patients who suffered from sciatic pain had similarities that matched on a particular point of the ear. After much research, Dr. Nogier created a map of the ear based on the concept of the inverted fetus.
The ear flap is an excellent instrument because:
• It represents all parts of the whole organism
• The ear is one of the few organs that comprise three main types of body tissue (endoderm, ectoderm, mesoderm)
• It has many nerve endings and connectors.
The application of auriculotherapy:
Electrical stimulation of the ear is applied at the points we have identified and on which we want to work, based on the client’s medical record. On these points we then place magnetic or semi-permanent plasters with tiny needles. This helps to have continuous stimulation of the specific points for at least another 10 days after the initial treatment, and this is one of the great advantages of auriculotherapy.
The results of auriculotherapy:
• It is quick, easy and painless
• It is very effective in acute situations, especially musculoskeletal pain.
• Excellent results in cases of anxiety, depression and insomnia
• Significant reduction of migraines and chronic headaches
• Significant reduction of the appetite thus supporting the patient’s efforts to lose weight